Write a 4- to 5-page review paper of the strange situation described in:
Ainsworth, M. S., & Bell, S .M. (1970). Attachment, exploration, and separation: Illustrated by the behavior of one-year-olds in a strange situation. Child Development, 41(1), 49–67.
Review papers typically follow the following structure:
- Agreement or disagreement with the authors’ main position
- Summary of the main points and details of the experiment
- Support from the article or your text for your agreement or disagreement with the authors’ position
- Suggestion of at least two different interventions that can be used to help children develop healthy attachments
In this article, the authors explain their specific view of how infants and caregivers establish attachment. They also explain the function of this attachment to future development. Build your arguments around these main points. Use the article, the Readings from your text, and any other primary sources that seem appropriate to supporting your ideas.
The Assignment should:
- Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
- Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
- Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
- Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the Kaplan University Writing Center for help.
Your review paper should include:
- Title Page.
- Main Body of the paper (4–5 pages).
- Reference Page.