Clinton, T. & Langberg, D. (2011). Quick-reference guide to counseling women. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books. ISBN: 9780801072345.
Crabb, L. (2014). Fully alive. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books. ISBN: 9780801015335.
Kopala, M. & Keitel, M. (2017). Handbook of counseling women (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications. ISBN: 9781483385310.
You are required to post one thread of at least 300–350 words. For each thread, you must support your assertions with at least 2 citations in APA format.
Reading & Study
- Textbook Readings
- Presentation: Anxiety Disorders – Introduction, Overview, and Causes
- Presentation: Anxiety – General Treatment
- Presentation: Depression – Rates, Course and Causes
- Presentation: Treatment for Depression
- Website: Anxiety and physical health problems increase the odds of women having more severe symptoms of depression
Case Study: Nicole is a 35 year old woman who seeks counseling for anxiety and depression. She reports that she worries all the time about losing her job and losing her husband. She also worries about her children either getting into trouble or hurt. She doesn’t feel she is good enough to be a wife or mom and fears she is hurting her family.
Based on your review of the class information (including the video and article) this week on anxiety and depression:
- Provide 2 “take aways” that you learned from the information.
- Elaborate on how you will incorporate this into your assessment or treatment of Nicole.
- Then elaborate on how you might integrate faith and biblical principles into your counseling of Nicole.
Integrate the journal article and at least 1 other class source into your answer.