For this discussion, we will examine how archaeology helps us gain a better understanding of how language evolves over time as well as discuss some ancient sites with cosmological significance. Be sure to complete the readings for this module as preparation for your initial post.
There are two discussion prompt options. Choose one of them and note the option as the subject line of your answer post. NOTE: Answer posts are due earlier than responses to others. Be sure to answer thoroughly and provide APA-style citations as needed.
- Option A: Discuss how archaeological investigations and research help us gain a deeper understanding of the evolution of language and communication. How do we know that language has evolved? Give a specific example as evidence.
- Option B: Choose two of the 23 monuments listed on the Ancient Observatories site. Include the name, location, and date of the site. Discuss any significant finds and their relevance in understanding prehistoric life and symbolism. You are encouraged to extend your search to other outside sources.
- Read through your instructor’s and classmates’ posts.
- Post a substantive response to at least two other classmates’ initial post. Make sure the post contributes to the conversation rather than just saying something like “I agree with you” or “You did a good job on this post”.
- You are encouraged to make one of your replies to a peer who answered the other question option.