Several jurisdictions have legalized marijuana in recent years. Below is one report compiled after the first year of marijuana legalization in the United States state of Colorado.
– Read the report and conduct your own research for reports that either support or refute this one. Note the statistical significance of the data provided.
– Afterwards, describe the importance of each drug fighting tactic: enforcement, treatment, and education (or, optionally, in favor of legalization).
– After researching and forming your thesis, develop and discuss your ideal plan for fighting the war on drugs using the three elements, or alternatively, for legalization.
Present your ideas using PowerPoint as outlined below.
- Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area. (2017). The legalization of marijuana in Colorado: The impact, Volume 5.
- 10-to-15 slide presentation; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
- PowerPoint Presentation in a uniform format. *Use the following web site reference for information as to how to build an effective PowerPoint presentation. http://www.garrreynolds.com/preso-tips/design/. A key area to remember is that there should be no more than five short bullet points (paragraphs) per slide. Remember to be consistent with your font and don’t overload your slides.
- Create a “speaker’s notes” Word document that would permit you to give this presentation one year from now. For each content slide, have about 50 words that describes the slide’s information.
- Include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions