This chapter focuses on family and you will first attach a drawing of your family and then answer the questions below. You will also need to read this article to answer some of the questions: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/family/raise-worlds-happiest-children-time-went-dutch/
Drawing/Diagram (not a photograph) of your family: Make sure to attach a file – you can draw this and then scan and attach a pdf or you can do it in paint, or a powerpoint slide, however you’d like. Make sure you attach the file.
Then answer the following questions (number them in your post).
- 1) Why did you draw your family this way? Why did you include/not include people, significance, etc.
- 2) What is the most important thing in your family?
- 3) What are gender roles like in your family?
- 4) What makes your family happy?
These next questions pertain to the article and intercultural families.
- 5) What differences do you think exist among cultures in family structures and everyday life?
- 6) What similarities do you think exist among cultures in family structures and everyday life?
- 7) What are the 3 main take-aways you think come from this article about Dutch families and raising children? (basically the 3 main points you think are from this article).