You have been tasked to design a counseling group from start to finish. To start this task, select one of the following group types.
- Children of divorce
- Children of addicts
- Adult Survivors of abuse (could be sexual or physical)
- Treatment for adults who are addicts
- Grief recovery
- Teens struggling with gender dysphoria (sexual identity)
- Teen support group (parents who are addicts)
- Relationship building (homosexual and heterosexual – there does not have to be a division because a group is a group)
- Domestic violence group for nonoffenders
- Parenting group
Now that you have selected a group type you need to consider the other details of your group as well to include how new members will be selected. When determining which new members to add, it is suggested you follow a screening process to ensure they are a good fit for the group.
Create a 12-15-slide presentation about your group that includes the following:
- Group type
- Why you chose this type of group
- Population serving
- Number of sessions
- Number of participants
- Goals of the counseling group
- Theoretical approach(es) to be used in the group
- A set of screening questions and criteria that you, as the group leader, will use to choose the members of the group. Begin with demographic questions (name, age, address, presenting issue, etc.) There should be a minimum of 10 screening questions, not including the demographics questions.
- Speaker notes on each slide that would represent what you would say if giving this presentation in person.
- Use a minimum of three scholarly references in addition to the course textbook to support the findings.
Title slide and reference slide are not included in the slide count. Include speaker notes below each content-related slide that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person. Expand upon the information included in the slide and do not simply restate it. Please ensure the speaker notes include a minimum of 50 words.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.