This week, we studied and discussed metrics relevant to training. For this assignment, you will demonstrate your understanding of these metrics by writing a short paper (about 2000 words) that addresses the following questions:
- What can each metric demonstrate? What is its importance to HRM and strategic decision-making?
- What would be learned from statistics derived from this metric?
- Where might one find (or collect) the raw data for this metric? How would you implement tracking this metric in an organizational dashboard/balanced scorecard?
- What, if any, potential difficulties might create challenges in tracking this metric?
- Training and ROI (Quantitative)
- metric: ROI
- Metric: impact
- Employees and Training Coverage (Quantitative)
- Metric 1: Percentage of Employees Participating in Training
- Metric 2: Percentage of Employees Receiving Development Money
- Metric 3: Average Training Completed per Employee
- Need for, Awareness of, and Quality of Training (Qualitative)