Discussion Board Forum 3
Topic: Why Not Advancement?
Naturalistic evolution, process theology, and the idea of inevitable progress have dominated much of the cultural and intellectual landscape. These concepts believe that biological life is evolving into something better, science will one day solve all of our problems, and progress is inevitable. L. Russ Bush, however, builds the case that this thinking is wrong. Instead, he argues that Christianity is true and possesses the only viable answer to advancement thinking.
Compose a thread answering the following questions:
- What is wrong with advancement thinking?
- How can Christianity respond to advancement thinking?
Of the ideas presented in Bush’s book, you must focus on those you believe to be most significant. At the bottom of your thread, be sure to include a total word count.
Submit your thread by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday.
Reply to at least 2 of your classmates’ threads. In your replies, you must:
- Emphasize why you agree or disagree with your classmates’ thread.
- Articulate important ideas in your classmates’ threads (that are not in your thread) that are related to the ideas presented in the prompt.
- Expand on the main points being made in your classmates’ threads.
Your intent is to give a well-thought-out reply that advances the conversation and adds substance to the discussion. At the bottom of your replies, be sure to include a total word count.
Submit your replies by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday.