You are a Crime Trend Analyst for the local police agency. You are tasked to provide in-service training regarding criminology to police officers. This will help them to better understand factors that contribute to criminality.
Create a PowerPoint which addresses each of the following points. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least three (3) citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
- There are four main theories related to why individuals are victimized. Describe each of the theories: victim precipitation theory, lifestyle theory, deviant place theory, and routine activities theory. In your PowerPoint, give at least one example of known cases in each theory.
- Not every person in the United States is at equal risk of victimization. Using the current Criminal Victimization report from the Bureau of Justice Statistics (go on their Web site), develop composites for the individual at highest risk of victimization and the individual at lowest risk.
- Research the Internet for a major newspaper. Select an account of violent crime to report on. In this essay, consider if the criminals in this account was rational. Did offender(s) make a choice to be a criminal or were there other contributing elements to their criminality? Give your opinion whether any of these individuals could have avoided criminal behavior or was it beyond their control?
- Although most jurisdictions allow for victim impact statements to be offered at the sentencing phase, much debate continues to surround this practice. Identify and debate the pros and cons for the victim, offender, society, and criminal justice system in your presentation.
Length: 15-17 slides
– Include a title slide and reference slides in APA style. (at least 2 slides)
– Prompt 1: at least 4 slides
– Prompt 2: at least 2 slides
– Prompt 3: at least 4 slides
– Prompt 4: at least 3 slides
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly citations to support your claims.