- 10-12 slides
- Provide a synopsis of each slide in a separate Word document (50 words per content slide)
- Title and reference page required and are not counted as part of the 10-12 slides required.
- References required for the court case(s) used to brief and any external sources of information
- Save your presentation as a PowerPoint (.ppt. or pptx), or Open Office (.odp)
- Save your slide notes as a Word document (or Open Office Writer)
You’ve been asked by the Sheriff’s office to brief her deputies on the use of video surveillance. Use the case of Straughn v. State (2003) as your main source of information regarding the establishment of a nexus between a suspect and places to be searched based on video evidence. At a minimum, cover the following areas:
- What was the main decision to come out of this case regarding video surveillance?
- What does this court decision mean to law enforcement investigations that would involve video surveillance?
- Do you agree with the court’s decision? Why or why not?
Create a PowerPoint presentation for your briefing.